Friday, June 22, 2012

Congressman Kevin Yoder visits District 2

I had a wonderful meeting this morning with Kansas 3rd District Congressman Kevin Yoder, Donny Smith of Community Housing of Wyandotte County (CHWC) and Molly Haase and Ethan Patterson from Congressman Yoder's office.

To start the morning, we headed down to Lou Lou's in Fairfax for breakfast. I know this may come as a shock considering I'm a lifelong Wyandotte County resident, but I had never been to Lou Lou's.

I got the biscuits and gravy and I only have three words to describe my experience…

… oh . my . gosh…

I'm sure I used up my entire allotment of points for the day in my Weight Watchers plan, but, man was it worth it! Definitely worth a visit for breakfast (and I hear their lunches are spectacular as well).

The congressman was in the area to touch base with his constituents and after breakfast, he dropped in for coffee at CHWC and then took a tour of District 2 with Donny Smith and Susan Carroll from CHWC.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the fact that the congressman is actively connecting with the constituents that he represents. We had a great conversation about the challenges and opportunities that we face at both the local and federal levels (turns out a lot of them are the same...).

I'm going to speak for the Congressman (I'm sure he'd agree)  and tell you how important I think it is for all of you to stay in touch with us. Be sure you share your thoughts and concerns with the elected officials who represent your interests in government. Share your plans, tell us your dreams, communicate about your needs. We need this information so that we can make the best decisions possible when we create policies or pass legislation that affects our constituents.

You can reach the congressman through his web site (
http://yoder.house.gov/) and you can contact me by email or through my anonymous Suggestion Box (links below).

Have a great weekend everyone!!


~ Brian


bmckiernan@wycokck.org
- or -
Suggestion Box

Kevin Yoder (L) and Brian McKiernan (R) at Lou Lou's